Monday 20 August 2012

Blame it on the southern window(story)


It was a hot night. And when i say hot, it means hot, as hot as hot could possibly give heat, as hot as hot could be, as hot to even make the sweat steam. Yes, it was but another day in  that ugly summer that ended on a cloudy humid night. In my little room, the space that i shared with my little feline friend, the only other living soul to feel my suffocation, my heat. uff! huff! the motor of the fan glutted through the hot air as i felt my sweat steam. Sleep in such a weather was a placid disaster. Oh! how my back ached after the days labour strains. Meow! the sound was casual, an usual greet, and I nodded, lets try to read off to sleep. I had recently downloaded an e-book by some anonymous writer, it was a guide to fancy- a collection of poems that could less blow your imagination to suspended fantasy, that of the fairyland and Meow! soon brought back to the heat, suffocating, sweat-steaming gasp of the sighful gloomy night when by some natural mercy i could hear a distant thunder breeze through the south.

Ah! my southern window, what a delight it gave me once in a while this summer. I took a deep breath as i rose to stand, and Ah! I could smell the damp already, feel the wind brush my face, I rolled my fingers down the grilled window in a softsooth to the delicate cold winter iron I knew as a child in soft green hills: of orchids and airy heights. I opened my window.

A guided angel-moth from  distance chased by the drizzle swiftly commanded the wind to follow through and kill the heat in my room. Yes, all changed all of a sudden. I felt a wide momentary smile cut through the nights gloom, the breeze! Oh! the wind, my mighty savior, my pristine infatuation, how I welcomed the moth. And MEOW! MREOW! MROOW! THWACK! TICK! CLAUCK! and silence, and then a coughing cat. My keyboard had a key missing, my cat was vomiting the half-eaten moth, that died in vain flight to escape- from drizzle, to heat, to survival, and the cat  out of greed's viscous vision suffered; the window had to be closed as it poured and the rain fed in: I sat, sighed, switched off the light and moaned off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment